Monday, August 1, 2011

Articulated Comic Book Art (A.C.B.A.)

Magandang araw! Good day! I'm pleased that you took the time to visit my spot again. I'm very happy to have started this new segment which is about the three things that I really like: toys, cartoons and comic books. As the title implies, A.C.B.A. is dedicated to the kid in all of us. Growing up poor in a Third World country, I only had a few toys and comics back then, aside from stuff that I crudely made out of product cartons/styrofoam and roughly drew on the back of used paper. Nonetheless, I was blessed in having a family (thanks to my loving tatay/pop, nanay/mom and utol/kid bro) that supported and understood the abnoy/mental retardate in me. I had the luck of completing my education (despite spending an eternity in college and grad school) and landing a job (that barely pays the bills, thanks to my loving wife and son). And most of the time have food on the table three times a day and still have some money left to pursue a hobby without going broke (now this is a big joke!). But then I realized that not all of my fellow Pinoys have such experiences and are as lucky. Because of this, I took it upon myself to give (a finger) back to society in the very little way I can by making A.C.B.A. I want to share my life-long journey as a punk rocker and toy collector with you. Of course, I will be more than willing to accept your experiences, thoughts and comments on my posts. Aside from your ideas, financial contributions and toy donations will also be very much appreciated. I hope you will continue to visit me, see you again soon at maraming salamat! Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Trip o dehins?